• Welcome to our blog

Our shared values in Y5: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do/say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

In 5V we like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it. - Pie Corbett

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• What’s new

Note for Parents on the Parents Page

Image:victoriaspast

Read something every day!

• Thank you for visiting, we will enjoy a message from you

• We do like to learn!

Rivers- Geography Topic
    The Titanic - 2012 - 100 years!

• Be awesome!

Queen Victoria: Reigned: 1837-1901 [63 years and 7 months]

Chat [new]

Note: Primary Blogger has ‘sort of’ fixed the problem on the ‘old’ chat page, but we will continue using this page from now on.

ThankYou5V
18/5/2013 – Please ask your Parents to see a message on the Parents Page for THEM! Thank you!

space_art1

Who is hiding here? Three guesses only!

keepcalmstars

E-safety

See how animals help one another!

Birthdays!

Harveen S- 6th September, Gurjoth 15th September, Amrit-16th September, Parampreet-20th September, AvirajB-24th September, Harnoor-1st October, Shivam – 13th October, Balraj – 9th November, Jeevan 18th November, Komal-3rd January, Jatinder-20th January, Ruben – 21st January, Jiovanni-29th January, Kiran – 20th February, Harshaan – 22th February, Navkiran-9th March, Avneet-16th March,  Anaya-26th March, Simranjit B – 19th April, Gursimran – 9th April,  Simranjit D-18th May, Manjot-20th May, Kuljit-29th May, Krish-18th June, HarveenD-6th July, Taljot-7th July, Priya -19th July, Keerat-24th July, AvirajS-28th August, Sukhman-19th August.

Everything you say here…IS Public! Anyone in the world can read it.

Please follow our rules:

Only use your first name no surnames

Keep safe and DO NOT reveal any personal information, use only your FIRST name when leaving comments. If there are two pupils with the same name, you leave your first name and the FIRST letter of your surname -e.g. Karina U

Write in good English including grammar and punctuation. [on other pages/posts, text language is OK for the Chat-page only]

Be polite and don’t post anything that could hurt anyone OR site links with a virus! Also, if anyone has left you a comment on your work, please respond to the comment, either by thanking the person for taking time to leave you a comment or in any other positive way. Do not use capital letters to write a whole message, e.g. I HAVE A NEW BOOK – it means you are SHOUTING! and we do not shout on the blog. 🙂 Also, do not repeat a message more than 5 times. It is pointless to say the same thing repeatedly.

Always show respect and be positive if you are going to comment on  work of a class friend. e.g. John, I like the way you used adjectives, or: Jay, I don’t understand line 3, etc.

SPAM will be deleted immediately. There is a SPAM filter in place – via Edublogs – and any suspicious comments will get deleted without warning.

Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as follows: ‘John’s dad’ or ‘Simran’s Nan’ etc.

Please do not post Video links [e.g. from youtube]  in message boxes.

Please, do not upload a picture of yourself on the blog. Your picture in messages will get deleted if you upload it. Sorry! E-safety first!

If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please feel free to have a chat with Mrs V 

Class blog email: ictclub2012[at]gmail.com

How to leave a GOOD comment – on your class friends’ work published on the blog. We are always POLITE when leaving comments. We give CONSTRUCTIVE comments – comments that will HELP the other person.

Key Points:

Number one: you must always remember two give two stars (two good points) and a wish (something that they could improve on). For the two good points you must be specific. This means you must quote what you think they have done well. For example: I really like how you have used amazing adjectives (this is where you quote what the amazing adjective is) such as ‘ demonic’. To quote you must use quotation marks like these ‘………. ‘.

After you have done your two good points, think of something they could improve on. For example, they could use a simile or an adverb or a different variety of openers. But once you have given your point you must give an example of how they can use it. So if you have given them advice to use a simile, then put that into a sentence. For example ‘….he was as cunning as a fox…’. So remember always give an example of what you mean so that the writer understands the advice that you are trying to give them.

Number two: use schema (pronounced sc-ee-ma). This means to think of something which reminds you of that thing. Say if you went on holiday (the writer has written this) you could write about your holidays if you had a great time or not E.T.C. It is a way of connecting with the writer. You could begin your sentence by ‘I remember a time when…’ So use schema.

Another the way of connecting with the writer is, to ask them a question. Connect your text to things you already know. You could write about your own experiences. You could ask a question like ‘Have you even been through this?’ Remember always add a question mark after your question.

Number three: always leave your blog address. By leaving your blog address the person’s work who you have commented on is encouraged to come on to your blog and leave you a comment (hopefully). And if you have asked them a question, then they can answer it on your blog. This is a great way of attracting other bloggers from around the world (who have your blog address) to visit your blog. You should put your blog address at the end of your comment, for example ‘from ….. at www.ubuntu.primaryblogger.co.uk’

And finally Number four: PROOF READ your work at the end of your comment. I think that this is the most important step of them all. You should always proof read your work for spelling mistakes, words which needed to be added or simply if a sentence needs a capital letter/ full stop. It is so easy to write a sentence which does not make sense, so read out your comment quietly to your self to see if it does make sense.

The way I do my comments is, first I write my comment up in Word, check all my grammar, spelling ETC in my comment, then I copy (shortcut-ctrl c) and paste (shoutcut-ctrl v) it in to the comment bar.

SO NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO LEAVE A GOOD COMMENT!

119 Responses to “Chat [new]”

1. ♥ ♥ ♥ Meee ♥ ♥ ♥ (In A Oil Painting Effect I Did On Paint .Net)

2. I Miss Y5 D:

3. Cool ( :

4. Thanks!! 😀

5. Hi Harnoor, that would be great. You can send it to the class email account: ictclub2012{at}gmail.com Thanks! 🙂

6. Sup Navkiran 😀
    I like your Rhino as it is very very colourful!
    Keep up the good work!

7. Thankyou miss
    I can try and send u the slough grammar pic because im not sure if I can do that. my dad took the picture on his phone but I think he will be able to upload it?

8. Hi Harnoor, don’t worry about 11+ everybody is working too hard – take a break now. I do like this photo a lot! It looks like special effects 🙂

9. This is……
    me and Shahnaaz in the rain!!

10. Im so nervous for the 11+ but on the other hand I also believe in my self and I think I worked as hard as I could 🙂
    So lets wait for the future.

11. Hi Krish, Thank you for your message about your new hair cut – with your picture attached too, but unfortunately, I had to delete your message as our rule is: If you attach a picture, you are not allowed to attach a picture of yourself – E-safety rule. BTW: you look really ‘cool’ with the new hair style! I can imagine that the others will think so too! They will love it. You look now like a real Y6 boy!

12. What kind of phone??

13. Hi Harnoor! GREAT to see you around the blog again, you are enjoying your holiday? Yes, I agree, long time no see YOU around here 🙂 Have fun!

14. Hello Miss!
    Long time no see!
    Oh and same here Navii, I got a phone as well!

15. OK miss

16. ok

17. Hi Navii, sounds like you had some fun! and wow, haircut new phone! Hmmm… getting spoilt with a new phone, lucky girl! I’m going to upload a very easy pattern – like Zindzi – on the homework page, you can ask Mum to help you to make a rhino and bring it to school in Sept. 🙂

18. I had the best day ever (but it wasn’t today)….I got a haircut, and a new phone a Blackberry it is white

19. I am!!

20. Hehehehe 😀

21. nice one!

22. Hello Everyone! What are you all doing? Are you still alive?

23. ok

24. Hi Navvi, you can if you want, it’s going to be on the new class blog’s chat page

25. Who likes my Avatar…..Its Harry Styles from One Direction

26. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

I can phone my friends and see if they want too.

27. Anyone who would like to chat on livewrite Saturday 3pm?

28. I know and have you heard their new song -Best song ever- My no.1 song

29. Hi Jatinder – enjoy your visit. When we were there, I had to keep reminding Mr V to stay on the right side of the road, they don’t drive on the left side and he [Mr V] hated the driving there – especially the roundabouts. 🙂 It was in Spain where I got SO scared on a very [very] high foot bridge – right in the middle of it. I jumped once from a plane [sky diving], but was too scared on this bridge. 🙂

30. i have been Spain once this will be my second time

31. One direction are having their new film!!!

32. Hi Navii

You’re welcome. Your mum was very sweet and kind to make us the food.

33. My mum said your welcome and thank you for the comments

34. Hi Navii
    Tell Mum again: The food was SO YUMMY! We all had a LOVELY meal! [Me, Mrs S, Mrs J, Mrs K[in the office] and even Mrs M[Reception-turned up as well]. We all loved it and Mrs J thought it was VERY delicious! xx

35. Miss my mum said she will be there by 12.30

36. Hi Navii, Please pass this message on to your mum, I will be around school [today] at roughly 12:00. Thank you 🙂

37. Hi Jatinder, I’ve been to Spain in 2005. Have you been there before? I was nice weather we had. They told as at the resort that there was LOTS of rain the week before we were there. So, we were a bit lucky to have sunny weather – and our unit was overlooking the beach!

38. EAT something! 🙂

39. hi Jatinder, I can see you are bored! 🙂

40. 🙂

41. 🙂 🙂

42. 🙂

43. im bored

44. im hungry

45. like my new background picture

46. the summer holidays starts tomorrow

47. I am going Spain in a few weeks.

48. i get that alot

49. hello!

50. Hi Amrit

51. hello

52. Hi Navii, Thank you! I’ve read it, it’s good for you to check on your younger sister, it shows you are caring.

53. Miss i have left a message on the new y5’s class blog

54. Hi Navii, I hope your leg is now mended – after the few days of ‘pain’.

55. I wasnt in today my leg is paining (thanks alot Aviraj B) and i have a sore throat

56. ok miss

57. Hi Navkiran, Yes, but I’m having problems with the site, let’s leave it till next weekend so I can sort problems out. In the meantime, have chats here on the chat page. I will join in – now and then. 🙂 Sorry, need to get a code or something.

58. Miss is the live write today?? at 5pm

59. thank you miss!

60. Hi Amrit

Look down on the HOmework page – where the SUMMER term picture is with the bucket and spade/sun. – there are also a few weeks’ spelling lists typed up. There is a PDF link saying: ‘WW2 Project’. If you still can’t find it, let me know.
    Edit: See ALSO now the homework section for 2nd July – I have uploaded it now in this section as well.- in RED.

61. Mrs Van can please tell me where the world war 2 project thing is

62. Hehehe 😀

63. Hi Navii
    You were awake after midnight!

64. Today is Father’s Day!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

65. Eish! Finally 🙂

66. EISH!! I’m here

67. Hi Anaya
    The image doesn’t ‘show’, please log on to the blog and create an entry and upload it to your entry. I’m curious to see your image, OR, send it to: ictclub2012@gmail.com and I will upload it. 🙂

68. I made this photo

69. http://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_bu_how_books_can_open_your_mind.html Eish!! This woman’s talk is VERY inspirational!

70. EISH!! Where is everybody and why is nobody on the chat page!

71. it is very good info anaya…..just wondering….do YOU like SPACE??

72. Hi Anaya

Thank you very much! I hope other Y5’s will visit this link and bring some great facts to class to share with us like your fact, which was really a GREAT fact to share.

73. Check out this web site http://listverse.com/2007/11/13/top-10-cool-facts-about-space/

74. See a new poem I’ve added on the poetry page by Robert Frost – ‘The road not taken’ – I like the last two lines:
    “I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.” – I will explain it in class next week.

See also a sub-page I’ve added to the WW2 page – called: D-Day Landings. Read: very interesting!

75. 😀

76. You are up again – you have a trip tomorrow! Get in bed so you get a good rest so you can enjoy tomorrow! 🙂

77. Maybe…i think soo because i was the first TEEN who was turned into a sinner and became evil SO MAYBE …. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

78. Is that you, Navii – the leader of Team Evil? 🙂

79. Team Evil

80. thanks miss i will do it now

81. Oops, hot chocolate = boiled water + 2 tea spoons of hot chocolate. stir and you have….hot chocolate WARNING: boiled water can BURN. 🙂 [top tip] add some sugar – if you have a sweet tooth. 🙂

82. I don’t know how to make tea or hot chocolate and my mum is out of bread 🙁

83. Shivam and Balraj are the two ‘hidden’ class friends. 🙂

84. Hi Navii

Make yourself a sandwich and drink a cup of tea – or hot chocolate.

85. I CAN’T SLEEP I CAN’T SLEEP I CAN’T SLEEP!!!

HOW CAN I GO TO SLEEP WHEN I AM NOT TIRED – I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO TRY AND MAKE ME GO TO SLEEP BUT IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO??? :'(

86. Pajama day was EXHAUSTING! my slippers were warm but my feet felt hot cuz i was wearing socks that have a Smiley face, :D, on them!

87. Are you watching house of anubis

88. HI MRS VAN,

I THINK I KNOW WHO THE PERSON IS FOR THE PERSON THAT IS HIDDEN IN THE PLANIT THING! I THINK IT IS SHIVAM!

89. On pyjama day it feels like Christmas

90. happy birthday to everyone only from Anaya

91. Who is this person on the moon?

92. Hello miss
    for pyjama day my cousins dog ,Soda, was dressed with a berret on his ears and a spotty shirt.
    Its a bit similar gto the dog on the home page but the difference is that Soda is a boy.
    😀

93. i can’t sleep and is it Balraj???

94. hello

95. chealsa

96. hello chealsa get in

97. Miss, I found a 4 leaf clover….. does that mean i’m lucky?

98. It’s a boy – and why are you up so late! 🙂

99. miss is it a girl or boy??

100. Hi Navii, You were right with Shivam, but wrong with Krish. Try again. 🙂

101. Hi Shivam
    Wow, it sounds like you were having fun with Jiovanni and you singing this song to your dad. What a lucky Dad!

102. and…Yes Please 🙂

103. Tomorrow, we go back to school YAAAAY!!! 😀

104. the first one is Shivam and the second one is Krish

105. See the planet-image [beneath the Thank you-Assembly image]- with someone of our class hiding in the planet! I was playing around with ‘Gimp’ – also like Paint.Net [free to download] and you have only 3 guesses to guess whose face is hiding in the planet. Would you like to do this for an ICT Activity? Yes? No? We will be using Gimp [on the school’s network too]
    This is where I got the idea from:
    http://www.artdesigncafe.com/tony-oursler-artist-2012

106. So i’m guessing the title is ”Everything you wanted”

107. I saw it and i’m Patricia!!!

108. who saw house of Anubis on Friday when Fabian( shivam) is a sinner for Frobisher. now it’s me and Patrica whoever it is at school
    i am not in sibuna anymore

109. When its my dads birthday, jio is coming round to sing something and it goes like this.

Everything you wanted

Shiv:
    You’ve got everything you wanted
    Everything
    Yeah
    Jio:
    There might be some reason
    To all of this
    There might be a chance
    To all years
    I keep thinking to myself
    Why didn’t I help?
    I can break my heart
    When it’s the start
    And I can dance till the end
    And Now I can only say
    I’m sorry
    Man why can’t you say
    Accepted apology
    Now I’m looking up
    And first I say
    Shiv:
    Hello and then
    Bye bye
    You’ve got
    Everything you wanted
    Everything you wanted
    First we say
    Hello and then
    Bye bye
    You’ve got
    Everything you wanted
    Everything
    Yeah
    Jio:
    Thank god
    Somebody believes me
    They said to make it alright
    Never stop trying
    So now I know why I am crying
    Is it for a good?
    Or bad
    I keep thinking it is because
    Of the chances
    I have had
    Now I have just come to say
    Congrats man
    Shiv:
    First we say
    Hello and then we say
    Bye bye
    You’ve got
    Everything you wanted
    Everything you wanted
    First we say
    Hello and then
    Bye bye
    You’ve got
    Everything you wanted
    Everything
    Yeah
    First we say hello
    And then bye bye
    You’ve got everything you wanted
    Every
    Shiv & jio
    First we say
    Hello and then we say bye bye
    You’ve got
    Everything you wanted
    Everything you wanted
    Everything you wanted

110. ok thanks miss

111. Hi Navii, this sounds exciting!

112. Hi Navii, You dress up in your pajamas, but you can also come in your uniform and change at school, if you want.

113. Miss i was wondering …. do we come in our pajamas to school or we bring it in a bag and change

114. i have 3 sisters! For her birthday she got a Minnie Mouse Kitchen and we as a family went to the FANTASIA CIRCUS. IT WAS HILARIOUS most of the time and scary and dangerous

115. Hi Parampreet! 🙂

116. hello eveyone

117. Hi Navii, Wow, I didn’t know you have a baby sister! You must have tons of fun with her! I hope you’re going to have a great birthday party!

118. my baby sister is turning 4 and kuljit is turning 10 😀

119. Tomorrow is my baby sister, sukhmani’s and Kuljit’s Birthday