• Welcome to our blog

Our shared values in Y5: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do/say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

In 5V we like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it. - Pie Corbett

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• What’s new

Note for Parents on the Parents Page

Image:victoriaspast

Read something every day!

• Thank you for visiting, we will enjoy a message from you

• We do like to learn!

Rivers- Geography Topic
    The Titanic - 2012 - 100 years!

• Be awesome!

Queen Victoria: Reigned: 1837-1901 [63 years and 7 months]

Friends and Friendship

The past week we wrote our own poem based on the poem of Pie Corbett – ‘Wings’. I have thought to post Harnoor’s poem here, as her poem is about friends!

If I had friends
If I had friends,
I would jump and down and keep them away
from a naughty frown!

If I had friends,
I would take them to space and play around
and show them an alien’s face!

If I had friends,
I would travel and cross pools I don’t know,
but what if they behave like fools?

If I had friends,
I would play games, enjoying and
having fun would be my second name!

If I had friends,
I would keep them as memories and post all the moments
and spend time teaching them similies!

If I had friends,
I would keep them in a jewelry box where I hide all my treasures,
away from a hunting fox!
—Harnoor

Our topic in PSHE is all about friends and friendship at the moment. Which of these words are important to you? Why? [Click on the image for a larger view – and this image was created by using Wordle – see the ‘fun’/’ict’-section for the Wordle-link and have some fun creating your own!]

Enjoy the video!

During our Circle Time activity, Y5’s have decided the following about friends: Things Y5’s don’t like about their friends:

When friends ignore them, hurt them [emotional – things they say] and physical [pushing/kicking,punching, etc], leave them to be alone, not allowing them to join in, excluding them in games, hurting feelings, calling them all sorts of names, teasing them, make fun of them – in different ways – being rude to them – in different ways – not listening to them when they want to say something or share their point of view, breaking up friendships, boss them around, etc.

Things we in Y5 do like about our friends: Including them into the games they are playing, playing sensibly and making sure they don’t get hurt, looking after them and care for them, look out for them especially if they are lonely, be friendly and kind, asking them how they are or how their family members are, thinking about their feelings, saying sorry immediately when they realised they did something wrong, supporting and helping them with anything, sticking up for them in a positive way, warning them if they see something is going to happen – like the ball is going to hit them during play – playing all sorts of games with them and allowing them to choose games to play as well, etc. 

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger