• Welcome to our blog

Our shared values in Y5: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do/say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

In 5V we like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it. - Pie Corbett

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• What’s new

Note for Parents on the Parents Page

Image:victoriaspast

Read something every day!

• Thank you for visiting, we will enjoy a message from you

• We do like to learn!

Rivers- Geography Topic
    The Titanic - 2012 - 100 years!

• Be awesome!

Queen Victoria: Reigned: 1837-1901 [63 years and 7 months]

Paint dot Net

paintnet1

Hello Y5! You have a ‘free’ day on Monday! Do enjoy your time at home…I hope your holiday has been great! I would like you to download a brilliant piece of free graphics software – of course with the help and permission of your parents [as always]. I have asked our IT Manager to install this software on the school’s network as well, as I’ve found it easier for Y5’s to adjust images with this  software than what we have on our school network. Please don’t panic if you can’t download/install it.

The reason why I would like you to download it, is to have a go at home with it as well and you can do some ‘homework’ by using the software in our WW2 topic – or any other topic. Plus, this software is something you will definitely use throughout your school career – even Secondary school as well! Follow the instructions and it’s as easy as eating a corn flake! Just follow the steps.
Steps to download and install:
1. Go to this link and click on the download link.  See  the image – the red box, but don’t click on the image, you need to go to the link. 

2. A ‘Zip‘ file will get downloaded and your Mum/Dad – or any adult help – will help you to install the software. Good luck! This week in our ICT Lesson we will be using Paint.net to adjust WW2 images. It’s great fun! Read more with the next image.

paintnet

If you want to search for Paint.Net, you need to put the following in a search box: paint dot net – see the screenshot from Google and it will appear as the first link. This is not your normal ‘paint’ program from Microsoft – don’t get confused. 

paintdotnet

2 Responses to “Paint dot Net”

1. Hi Jatinder! I’m SO glad to hear that you think so, I agree with you 500%! Come and show me something you’ve done tomorrow – if you can! 🙂

2. miss paint dot net is wicked

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger