• Welcome to our blog

Our shared values in Y5: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do/say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

In 5V we like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it. - Pie Corbett

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• What’s new

Note for Parents on the Parents Page

Image:victoriaspast

Read something every day!

• Thank you for visiting, we will enjoy a message from you

• We do like to learn!

Rivers- Geography Topic
    The Titanic - 2012 - 100 years!

• Be awesome!

Queen Victoria: Reigned: 1837-1901 [63 years and 7 months]

Nose-Nibbler and Sophie

In Y5 we have been reading the story of the BFG and Y5’s have been writing their own new chapter – and added a new character – to the story of the BFG. Please enjoy Harnoor’s chapter. If you wish, please leave her some positive comments about her writing.

“Crash!” A bolt of thunder flashed across the banks of the lake. Just nearby, Sophie tried to sprint away, to go back to the orphanage. As the raindrops began to grow bigger, the wind become more wild and Sophie wasn’t quite able to walk in these terrible weather conditions! Then she stopped! She peered out the cave from a distance and saw a shadow appeared. As she tiptoed closer, the shadow grew bigger and bigger!

“What’s that… I’ve never seen it before…” Sophie whispered, with a peculiar facial expression. Later on, the shadow was too close and Sophie slowly lifted her face upwards…towards…A mysterious-looking face, which had a red round nose and petite ears, was looking back at her. “I wonder what this is?” Sophie thought, “but I think I heard about it before…. I think it’s called the Nose- Nibb-…”

“Oh, enough of the whispering, kid!!” Nose-Nibbler roared, reaching out towards Sophie, interrupting her thoughts viciously. Sophie was startled, but not even a bone in her body moved!  “Now enough of that, you snotcumber, cockroach! Tell me where the BFG is!” roared Nose-Nibbler.

“Why was he asking all these weird questions to a little girl like me”, Sophie thought by herself. “No! I won’t tell you and why do you want him, anyway?” Sophie said, being quite a mature and brave child for her age.  If she had said even a word more, she would have been in deep…. deep trouble!

After a few seconds, Nose-Nibbler grabbed hold of Sophie and brought her slowly up to his face. Terrified and petrified Sophie stared at him! As fast as lightning, Sophie said, “Let me go! You ugly, nasty giant! I know why you want the BFG! You are jealous of him!” she shouted bravely.

Sophie had heard that Nose-Nibbler was packed with greed and jealousy, so she took a brave step to say, whilst shivering, ” You’re too greedy, grumpy, an old fff-fat and uu-unhealthy giant!! Let me go, ugh!” Sophie started to panic, however the poor orphan managed to escape from the gooey hands of the ugly fierce-looking giant. She thought she had gone too far! Maybe she shouldn’t have said these words! However, it was too late! Nose-Nibbler’s face turned as red as a tomato! It was the most petrifying moment Sophie could ever imagined! 

“Smart kid! Tell me where the BFG is, you… you…!” bellowed Nose-Nibbler as loud and fiercely as he could. Just then, Sophie heard a voice echoing along the road and in an instant, the BFG was there!

“Oi, What is you doing with my Sophie?!” exclaimed the BFG in a surprised tone to Nose-Nibbler. “If you where a little girl, like poor old Sophie and some random giants is picking you up, would you like this? All I is meaning to say is that you are a really mean and cruel as a techerpuffin-fog!” said the BFG with a long-lasting sigh at the end.

Thinking about it, Nose-Nibbler said quietly, “Oh! I am so sorry! Can we be friends, please?” — written by Harnoor

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger