• Welcome to our blog

Our shared values in Y5: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do/say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

In 5V we like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it. - Pie Corbett

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• What’s new

Note for Parents on the Parents Page

Image:victoriaspast

Read something every day!

• Thank you for visiting, we will enjoy a message from you

• We do like to learn!

Rivers- Geography Topic
    The Titanic - 2012 - 100 years!

• Be awesome!

Queen Victoria: Reigned: 1837-1901 [63 years and 7 months]

Victorian Stories

Image: bbc
“Tim Jonsen died in peace,” cried Sophie’s mother, Suzan Jonsen. “Your father has died, Sophie. He has been shot by the enemy!” she continued.”I think you need to go in care.” “Why Ma, I shall not!” Sophie yelled in extreme horror. She was shivering and shocked, until she finally cried! She had no chance, but to go to a care home, because her mother couldn’t look after her anymore.

It had been two weeks and Sophie hated the way they treated her in the care home and she tried to escape. How could she? There were tough dogs to take you down and guards for 24 hours of the day that would take you straight way to the group and they would punish you. The punishment was something very strict and if you didn’t do it, you would be sent to a workhouse and you would never be able to escape from beatings.

At last Sophie had a chance to escape! Running and jumping, she made it past the guards and left them poisonous berries from the garden. She did exactly the same to the dogs. Sophie pulled the leaver to escape. It’s done, she was free! Finally free!

She went back to her house and knocked on the door, “Knock! Knock! Knock!” A strange-looking woman, with long black hair and marks in her face, appeared at the door and Sophie was petrified and horrified! Horrible things went through her mind, “What if ma has passed away, what if… No! No! stop thinking of those horrible silly things! I need to calm down, OK!” Sophie has no place to go and was just a poor little girl. [to continue] +++Harveen S

Image: bbc
In the dusty, dry and busy day, there was a poor little boy, his name was Rex, he had a pet hyena. His sister looked after him. As the sun set and the moon rose above, Rex, who was a generous boy, looked out of the window. His mum passed away and it was really sad, but at least he had his sister, Zoey.

One sunny, boring and windy day, Rex had to go outside to get some water for their house, so they could drink. His friends came along to help him, but his sister, Zoey, didn’t like his friends. Zoey came outside and saw his friends with him. He suddenly fell over and dropped the water bowl. The water went all over him!

When Rex went back to the river, there was a man and he whispered, “Come with me. I’m rich, so you can eat a lot.” So when Rex went with the man, he forgot all about Zoey and his pet hyena. When Rex ate, the strange man, called Gargemel, was really cool. Rex at all his food and he was stuffed, but the man said, “You are now my slave! You have to work for me, hahahah!!”  Rex didn’t like it to be a servant. He was frustrated, because he didn’t have shade to cover him and had to work in the hot boiling sun.

At home, Zoey, Rex’s sister, was worried. “Where could he be? I need to find him,” said Zoey. Luckily, Zoey thought about Rex’s pet hyena too. Zoey knew about heynas, because Rex told her. The hyena had to sniff Rex and go and find him! Unfortunately, they didn’t know who Gargemel was. The hyena smelt Rex. The man was in the bath and Zoey saw Rex! “Rex, come it’s me, Zoey! Come and I will hold your arms!” whispered Zoey. “Ok, I will come,” whispered Rex.

Finally Rex, Zoey and the hyena were back in the house and Gargemel was in jail! Rex and Zoey got 1000 shillings for catching Gargemel. At the end Rex and Zoey bought a mansion house to live in! +++Gurjoth

image: bbc
As lightning struck down, midnight began and danger bounced on the rough, rocky path. Thomas ran under shelter, holding his breath. He sighed with relief! Soon after, Thomas found his small cottage with a thatched roof and went straight inside, not saying a word, nor answering Dad’s or Mum’s questions.

Lying on his bed, fidget and moving side to side, Thomas finally fell asleep. Dad was divorced and married again to a horrible lady, who liked to shout. Thomas hated her so much and so did his sister, Bessy. Garniet was her name, his horrible step-mum. 

Thomas was so bored, so he decided to write a diary.

Dear Diary

I had a tiring day. I went to work, because they promised me loads of money, but obviously they lied! I worked extremely hard to get more. But…I only got 8 shillings! You should of seen me when I came out of that chimney! I was pitch black! My step-mum, Garniet, was incredibly angry with me!

I got scared, I was shivering and regretted telling her. I should have told Dad instead of the grumpy old Garniet! I thought she was messed up in her head. REALLY! Coming home late, my sister, Missy, started moaning as well. I touched her make-up,”I’m a boy, why would I touch your stupid make-up,” I moaned back to her. I mean, really sometimes she needs to go to school again, she accused me for everything! Well, I got to go now, bye and will write to you soon![to be continued]

+++Komal

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger