• Welcome to our blog

Our shared values in Y5: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do/say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

In 5V we like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it. - Pie Corbett

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• What’s new

Note for Parents on the Parents Page

Image:victoriaspast

Read something every day!

• Thank you for visiting, we will enjoy a message from you

• We do like to learn!

Rivers- Geography Topic
    The Titanic - 2012 - 100 years!

• Be awesome!

Queen Victoria: Reigned: 1837-1901 [63 years and 7 months]

You can count on me

thankyou--

Hello Y5! I know I’ve said I’ll do this entry by the end of August – like all other years, as it’s the last day of the academic year, but thought to do it a bit earlier this year. It is for you the end of year 5, but not the end of your school years. It is also the end of my time teaching you, which is a sad time for me. Together we’ve been through a lot this year and therefore, I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone of you, who also made me grow as a teacher over the year, thinking how to alter things in class for a lively group like you. A year ago, I was delighted to know that I’ll be teaching Y5 – again – and then I was fortunate to have you landed on my lap! We had ups and downs – with some of our class friends, but that is part of the ‘learning‘ – for you as children and for me as your teacher. Every one of you is unique, every group you as teacher teach, is unique and that is part of what makes teaching enjoyable and interesting – it is all about YOU. You made me reflecting, more than other years, about teaching methods and ways to engage you in the learning process and how to ensure that you make good progress. It was a real privilege  to have a group like you, so many different personalities, not a single boring day! I do look forward to see how you will grow even more next year and to know in what ‘big‘ things you will go one day and hope all those big dreams will come true for you! A MASSIVE thank you for your positive attitude whenever we were busy with our work. You always took everything so serious, even in the smallest task you put in a lot of effort to make a success of it. Thinking now about the morning-register task about your ‘thinking’, which Mrs J thought was a lovely idea. How much creativity you put into it. I liked your way of thinking, how you always shared your ideas with me whenever we discussed a project and what is the best way to complete it. Thinking about the Art pieces you produced, your writing and how poetic you could get in your writing – which I loved! – your science books and how you carefully worked to make it look like a science book and even our Victorian and WW2 work – not to forget our wonderful WW2 assembly!! I can go on about everything – even the lovely rhinos. I’m very pleased with the progress you all made, not only in your academic work, but also how you’ve developed in more mature-thinking little adults, e.g. during our last few PE lessons, where we learnt how to play rounder ‘properly’. From the first session up to the last session, I could see how you’ve grown in being more helpful and kind and to see the ‘humour‘ in what others do and their thinking. Instead of being a bit ‘unkind’ when someone wasn’t following the rules, you could turn it into a positive and bring in some humour to let the game flow! Well done to you all. It was GREAT to have you as a class, to work with you and to get more of you to understand how important it is to learn from your mistakes and to ‘move on’ from those mistakes or to know how to ignore little things and to grow out of it and to stand out! Thank you for your kind and positive comments on the last day, when we reflected about the year. Some of you said it was a ‘fun’ year- [Jatinder said he wish all his teachers were ‘fun’ teachers – in his card, how nice!] I tried to make lessons fun for you, or at least to do things in a ‘different’ way. Some of you said that I always tried to teach in a ‘creative’ way and to link your topics to something creative – which is great to know, as I don’t like to do things in a ‘boring‘ way and hope that you all have gained something from doing the same thing in a ‘different’ way. I hope your summer holiday is a SUPER DUPER time! Don’t stress about Y6, it’s your holiday! You all will do really well in Y6, and luckily, I’m just opposite your class, so easy to drop in to say ‘hi’! You know I’m always around during lunch times, so please come and have a chat! Thank you again for being such wonderful young people. I hope to see a lot of level 5’s and 6’s next year! You all can do it, go for it! This song is for you, it says: ‘You can count on me’ – exactly what you can do, whenever you need me! [PS: look out for the newsletter later this month – on the h/w page – pictures of your lovely tiles can also be seen on the ‘some of our work’-page] Mrs Vxx

2

6

flowers-

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger